Friday, October 12, 2012

Thinking About Writing [Me]

I don't seem to want to blog. It's not because there's nothing to talk about; there is. In part, I'm tired and not sure I can trust my writing to come out sounding like I mean it to. Also, sometimes when there are big things going on I put off blogging to avoid dealing with it. When I put it in writing, it's suddenly too real. But I don't think that's happening this time either. I just think, "Blog? Eh, maybe after some Pinterest..." And I never get back around to it. I'm being lazy about my writing.

Which is odd, because I've been thinking a lot about my writing lately (see, now I'm going again). I've written another erotic short, and I like the way it turned out. And I've got a few more in my head I'm thinking about working on, getting into some written form. But some of those might be a bit taboo, with characters underage (influenced by Paul's stuff), so I can't even post them on Fetlife. Or just might not want to.
-Hey readers, should I start another blog with my erotic pieces on it? Would you read it, too?-

And I'm about to start off another Star Trek writing game/simulation. While doing all this thinking about writing, I tapped on the Facebook Inbox of one of my ship-mates from before when I wrote Star Trek stuff. He and I did some really great co-writing, so I asked if he was doing any simming these days. And he was just starting to consider running another independent simulation, so he invited me to be his XO again. I dragged my feet for a week or so, getting around to looking the character back up and re-reading the stuff I wrote for her before, but now I'm getting excited about it, and looking forward to getting started on that writing. When I wrote Star Trek stuff before, it really served as a kind of therapy for me - I already wrote about that here. Maybe this time it will, as well.

So I've got a short list of some blogs I want to write - sometime - and there's plenty of current events to catch up on. Maybe this post will get me started.

No comments:

Post a Comment