Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Poly with Kids [Me]

Okay, you have to go read this - Polyamorous with children: A mom's story. Here's a woman who contacted a newpaper and said, hey, you're writing about polyamory - here I am. I sense a kindred spirit here. I've not tried to hide who and what I am, and that brings a lot of peace and confidence into my world that might not otherwise be there.

She has kids, and they know, and it's no big deal. Because they didn't make a big deal about it. I have a kid, and it's no big deal to her, because we didn't make a big deal about it. "Hey, kid. I'm moving in with my boyfriend. By the way, his other girlfriend also lives with him, so we'll all be living together." Her main question was, "Are you good with that?" And I am, so she is too. We've already found out that my daughter is definitely monogomous herself. And that's cool too.

I love how she answers the question "So no one had a problem with it?" Yeah, some people stopped being friends with me over it. And we moved on. Your friends are supposed to be the people that support you. If they can't support you being happy as you are, then they aren't friends, and it's good to recognize that you aren't friends, and move on. It happens, friendships evolve, or they end.

No comments:

Post a Comment