Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Feeling Better [Me]

The depression seems to have been headed off. Last weekend I did get some really great playtime in, and Sunday we made some good progress on finishing the deck/storage building. It has a roof and walls complete. We need stairs to the deck part and a door on the storage part. We haven't had any major mental crashes since the weekend, and life is looking pretty rosy for the moment again.

I've talked to my daughter a couple of times, and I need to brag on her again. By the way, she's now starting to read my blog. I refuse to let that color what I write, but sometimes there's a twinge of related discomfort. But she's a big girl, and if she runs up on something she doesn't want to know about her momma, she'll skip over it. But the bragging. She was trying to come up with a topic for her group project in Psych 101 class, and she asked me if I was okay with her doing something on DID. Now, I thought that was cool. Not only that she wants to understand more about DID, but that she's aware enough to ask me if I was okay with that. So I sent her a whole bunch of links to information about DID, along with this blog address. Unfortunately, the teacher turned down her project proposal because DID isn't mentioned in her intro psych book - not even in the abnormal psych chapter. I'm thinking, hey, it's in the DSM-IV, shouldn't that be enough? But no, not this time. However, she decided to do a different project related to DID - she's looking at choreographing a dance about it. I love how creative she is, and how thoughtful she is in not only trying to understand us better, but in checking to be sure we're okay with it. When we talk on the phone, she almost always has a question about some preference one of the alters has or how some part of our system works.

I've been doing some more writing, or at least focusing a little more on writing I've already done. I'm really glad I threw all my writing into a blog, but a little nervous about some of the things on there. I can see people being greatly discomforted by some of it, even after the warning I start with. It's rough, or at least I see it as pretty harsh rough reading. But it's not like I'm twisting anyone's arm to read it. Paul even okay'd putting his original memory up there. I kind of hope he'll write some more.

Speaking of Paul - he seems to be back to normal, now. But last week he came out one day completely reset, without the memories of who he's been. It was very strange. Also last week, we had ordered for him a bootblack box - the kind with the little foot pedal on top, and it came in yesterday. But he was out last night and the night before back to his normal unruffled self.

Kiara's been out and less unhappy too. She got some new bitey-toys, some puppy pacifiers, that seem to be a hit. And we have orange push-pop ice cream in the house for her. A month ago or thereabouts, she was peeking in the freezer at the ice cream we have. There were fudge pops, that Paul likes, and ice cream sandwiches, that I like. And she looked very seriously at Boss and asked why don't we have ice cream for her. He told her he would get her some if she put it on the grocery list, and it just blew her mind. Somehow it had never occurred to her that she could put something on the grocery list just for her. So she did, and sure enough, we have push-pops now. She hasn't had any yet, but knowing we have them is pretty impressive to her.

Lately, I know I've been blogging a lot more about day-to-day events in my life than about the experience of being multiple. I know, it's a blog, and day-to-day is what a blog is about. But I also want to cover a lot more about the experience of being multiple. So, readers, if you have a suggested topic, let me know. Even better, go up to the tab above that says 'Who's Reading?' and tell me about yourself, and suggest topics there.

No comments:

Post a Comment