Friday, September 14, 2012

Wig Shopping [Me]

Now, you must understand, first, that I am purposely bald. We get Boss to shave our head every week or two. I love having super-short hair - just enough fuzz to give some color. It's simple and easy and I like the queer butchy look it gives me. It also means that, should I want some hair, I can wear a wig. A few months ago, we bought a wig, a short, stand-up for attention bush of dark and red unruly uneven bits that suits Sam or Rubi really well. We don't wear it often, but we really should, if nothing else than just to get used to wearing it.

So Kiara's been wanting a wig for her, also. She wants pigtails with ribbons, and bangs. And last night we went out shopping and bought a wig with bangs that we can tie up in pigtails. It's in the same dark color of our natural hair, and she's pretty excited about wearing it tonight. Tonight we're having a 'Punky Brewster' party at our club - all bright colors and 80's music. We're going to be an eyeful of neon and hyper kid.

While we were there, we also tried on a wig that 'feels' like Cherish to us. Unfortunately, it looked horrible with my coloring, as she is petite and has long blond hair, rather than heavy with dark hair like me. But it felt very good to her to try it on and see our face with her hair. Maybe we can compromise with a very light brown one sometime?

I would love to have a wig for each alter that wants one, lined up on a shelf of wig heads. Even better, I'd like to get the good wig heads that can be made up, and fix them to actually look more like each of us. Eye color, makeup, and coloring can all be adjusted, at least. My creative daughter could probably help with that. Of course, with wigs running from $30 up to a hundred or more, easily, and the good wig heads running about the same price, that's going to just be a dream project for a while. But someday, maybe.

Rubi wants henna-red dreadlocks, or at least tight kinky curls. Paul wants a mohawk, with green on the tips. I just want to be comfortable, so the bald look works great for me. And Gracelyn should have a librarian's bun pulled back at the base of our neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment