Thursday, September 13, 2012

Earring Replacement [Me]

On January 1st of this year, Boss pierced my left ear and put in a captive slave bead earring to show his ownership of Cherish. He also offered the rest of us a braided collar as our dominant, but the earring was specifically hers as his slave.

Unfortunately, we've had problems with the earring on and off since the piercing. There's a spot above the hole that keeps getting infected, and the bead has come off and rolled away a couple of times. We were afraid to take the ring out for a thorough cleaning because we weren't sure it would go back in. And it has been terrible to try to sleep in.


So last week I ordered a new earring, a post made of niobium, hoping the change in material and shape might help. And yesterday the new earring arrived. Just in time, too, as the infected place flared up again and the bead came off again - both yesterday. When we got home last night, we removed the old earring, cleaned everything up, and inserted the new post, along with a very generous dollop of Neosporin all over it. We couldn't use Neosporin when the old one was inserted because the hole was raw and we needed it to heal with the scar material as a hole, and not close up.

Here is a picture of the new post after we got it in. So far, no swelling. It is noticeably heavier, and I haven't tried sleeping on it yet. Careful propping of pillows kept me on my right side all night. Tonight we'll see what happens when I try the other side.

After we inserted the new earring last night, Boss brought Cherish out. She felt very sad to me, almost solemn. Every time the old earring got messy, she had some panic that he would decide they had to remove it - and with it, perhaps, her sense of being claimed by him? I had hoped that by simply replacing the earring, everything would be fine, but I'm sure that was part of why she was so quiet and unhappy.

I realize, now, that I did her a terrible disservice by taking care of the earring issue, then letting her out, rather than having Boss talk to her first and let her participate in the changeover. It wasn't my earring to change, and I shouldn't have messed with it. And I don't know how to make apologies to her for that.

Cherish hasn't been out very much lately. She won't push herself out unless Boss is having a pretty hard time and needs her to comfort and stabilize him. Otherwise, she patiently awaits being called out, just as she waits to be dismissed to go back in. And she just hasn't been called out very often. Boss has been trying to figure out just what to do with her. She doesn't do cleaning and household projects very well; Gracelyn has taken on those jobs. If Cherish begins them, she fades back out as soon as Boss is out of the room. And while she is working on them, she feels terrified that she doesn't know how to do them correctly. I think what she needs is someone standing over her dictating her every move - which also terrifies her, but in the right way. But Boss doesn't have the time or energy to do that, and he's just not a micro-manager. But we have to find some function for her to fulfill within the function of being his slave. She needs to feel needed.

1 comment:

  1. I did pose the question last night if Cherish should come out for the changing of the ring. But I was focused on the pain aspect of it and her ability to block it. Clearly she was left out and shouldn't have been. But in my mind it was just a utility function of body safety and my need to crash hard right then. I was bairly standing as it was.

    I am glad I pulled her out to serve me after, but if I had thought it through I would have pulled her out before switching out the jewelry. I was just more concerned about the hole closing than thinking about the emotional side of things. Being stuck in the fear of not getting the new ring in clouded me.

    I have always "rolled" with who is out out of respect of the other systems in my life. Clearly with Cherish I need to be a bit more pro-active in calling on her. I have talked to her in the past about coming out more, but I'll step up calling her out more.

    Over the last six months I've been letting things run their natural course to see who is getting the attention they need and who's left out. I'm concerned about Cherish's out time and curious about Sam and Rubi to know if they are feeling like they get enough with me. So a conversation to have at home.

    --A

    ReplyDelete