Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mall Trip With the Kids [Me]

Yesterday we had some time to kill, so we stopped at the mall. Specifically to go to The Container Store, which is one of my favorite stores. Now, I have a serious fetish for organization and things to put stuff in. I've always loved boxes that stack, and organizer kits, and my favorite purses have been the ones with zippers and pouches and sections. I do like my stuff, but I really love my stuff all organized and neat. Yeah, it's a personal problem that I can live with. So anyway, The Container Store (TCS) is a kind of candy store for me.

The last time we went to TCS, Paul picked up a couple of little plastic organizers for Legos. As we were going in, I told him that he could get a couple more, if he wanted. They are only $2.99 each. Well, of course, if I'm getting something for one kid... Kiara asked if she could get something, too. I told her that if she found something inexpensive that she wanted - not just to get something, but something she actually wanted anyway - then yes. If Paul gets something, she can get something.

So we wandered around for a while, and Paul found his organizers. But then he found some more little clear boxes, and he made a really wise decision. He put the plastic organizers back, and decided to wait until after we move and get some boxes that could be used to organize his Legos and also put them on a pretty display. Here are the boxes:
8.25"x3.5" - http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10035409&N=&Ntt=stackable
8.25"x3.5" - http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10035408&N=&Ntt=stackable
8.25"x3.5" - http://www.containerstore.com/shop/containers/boxes?productId=10032168&N=80804
3.5"x2.75" - http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10032170&N=&Ntt=stackable
3.5"x2.75" - http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10035360&N=&Ntt=stackable

So Paul didn't get anything at TCS. And because Kiara didn't see anything she just had to have, she didn't get anything either. We still had time to blow, so we walked around the mall. I never buy things at this mall, because it's in the ritzy area of town, and it's all very expensive stores. But then Kiara saw the candy store. You know, one of those with the bins of bulk candy where you buy it by the pound. She wanted to go in. I explained that we aren't getting candy. We're trying to get a smaller body - and candy doesn't help that. And I didn't have any cash, and didn't want to buy enough to justify using a card. So she insisted on just looking.

I went in, at the same time reaching in my purse to see if I had some spare change. Lo and behold, my wallet was missing! I remembered putting it in my purse, but I also remembered my purse tipping over in the car. So it was in the car. I was not going back for it.Which means we left the candy store with No Candy. And the little princess was Not Happy About It.

Honestly, it was a typical trip to the mall in a lot of ways. Both kids looked around and wanted, and neither got anything. I was really proud of Paul for planning ahead and deciding to hold off, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment