Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Health Concerns 3 [Me]

I may be posting about physical stuff to keep from having to think hard to put together mental stuff. But let me get this out of the way, and this may be my last health-related blog post for a while.

The tegaderm actually pulled off skin in three places. So my side is healing from a lot of tearing, and one very deep needle-hole. I was really tired for several days after the biopsy, but I seem to be fine now. So I'm waiting for my next doctor's appointment to start the blood-letting.

On to the weight loss issue. We've continued to cut down on bad eating and substitute more-healthful choices for junk food. I'm rarely having a third Coke in a day, and keeping it limited to three sugar-y drinks either way. I'm weighing myself and checking my blood sugar twice a week. The sugar's been pretty steady around 115 in the morning before eating. So high, but not diabetes high.

Sunday, all four of us - me, Boss, MK, and the Metamour - all went to the YMCA and signed up for a membership. We're going to go (nearly) every Sunday, everyone who's available, as a family 'date'. This Sunday, I did 15 minutes on an elliptical, and 15 minutes on a recumbent bike. Walking the track in between, I then did some weights and some kind of pushing machine for a while. MK is directing me, since he has more knowledge in gym-related-stuff than I do. My pecs are sore (I had to look up what the muscle was called there, but they hurt). Then we hit the pool, where we played around with some resistance bars and did some laps. So yeah, I burned some calories, and I'm going to do it again each Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment