Thursday, February 7, 2013

What's-yer-name [Me]

My recent posts have been rather darker in tone. And that's not because I've been in a bad spot in my life, but rather because things are going so well, and that gives me the security to explore the 'bad stuff'. So congrats for slogging through the dark bits, and I'll be more lighthearted today.

I think many people have had the experience, especially as kids, of having a relative or teacher  mix their name up with other kids' names. In my family, my two (male) cousins and I spent so much time together that my Granny just called us all by one mashed up name, MartyChrisBrad. Even today, she'll call me by my mother's name, or my daughter's. And she's not the only one.

It happens within the system, or systems, too. Remember, there are three multiples our house. You've met mine through this blog, including Stephanie. Boss has several as well, including Rachel and Sarah. And my metamour has several, including Fern. These are the pertinent folks for this story.

Honestly, I can't remember what the subject was that we were talking about, but just off-handedly, he suggested that something might interest Stephanie. And I froze for a minute. Who is this Stephanie he was talking about? First I pictured Rachel, then Sarah, or at least the mental visual I have for them. I couldn't think of a Stephanie in his system. Then it occurred to me - Oh, she lives in my head, not his. Then I made the connection, and went on with the conversation.

But it was weird, having no connection to that name when it was spoken. At least for a moment. Usually, if I'm talking to someone and they mention Kiara, she 'perks up' her attention and listens to the conversation to see if she should come out or not. Or at least, I will give her a 'mental nudge' to pay attention. But it was like Stephanie didn't even live in there, at that moment.

I told Boss about it, and he laughed. Because just a little while after that, we were snuggling up, and he almost asked me if Fern could come out front to snuggle with him. That would be pretty hard, considering she lived in the head of my metamour, and she wasn't even in the room...

No comments:

Post a Comment