Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy Birthday! [Me]

That's right. Today is the two-year anniversary of this blog. So we get statistics and summaries. I love these. If you don't, feel free to skip on over this post; but it's all you're getting for today.

My very first post here was on 2/8/2011, and I've posted a total of 186 posts over those two years (this will be #187). On 2/10/12, I posted about my first anniversary - that was post #86. So I've done a hundred this year. At that time I had seven registered followers, and now I have twelve.

In the last year, I've added four more pages to the blog (those tabs at the top), and I now have four blogs I'm keeping up. This one, one with stories about my daughter, one with quotes I've collected, and one with my fiction writing. This is the one that I come back to the most. The one I share myself with. 

I have nine alters now - Me, Kiara, Sam, Rubi, Silent One, Paul, Cherish, Stephanie, Gracelyn.
A year ago I had ten - Me, Kiara, Sam, Rubi, Jarett, Lynn, Grace, Cherish, Paul, Silent One.
Two years ago I had seven - Me, Kiara, Sam, Rubi, Counselor, Jarett, Silent One.
So we've had new ones appear, others merge and change, and even one retire to 'storage'.

I've gone through relationships, notably ending things with Bear and starting up things with Boss and that growing until a serious relationship with him and my metamour. I've come out to my daughter as kinky and poly and multiple. She's been very supportive, and is getting to know several of us. 

I've talked about being multiple, but also about being polyamorous, and being kinky. Also about being a parent, a child, an employee, a girlfriend... and a boyfriend. We've really gotten to know ourselves better by writing here.

And hopefully, my readers have gotten something valuable, as well. I have been frustrated in getting to know my readers. You're shy, as a whole. I've tried a questionairre, and I've tried soliciting comments. I know my daughter and the Boss both read. The rest, well, who knows?

Turns out, Blogger knows some things about my readers. The blog's Overview page shows 13 followers, actually, two of whom are accounts for Boss, and two more of whom I recognize as friends from my kink circle. I've got over fifty comments, about half of which are me updating something. But there are at least 15 different people that have commented, especially 'Anonymous'. 

And then I get to look at the Stats page. Over 6000 pageviews for all time. It grew slowly for the first year, then jumped up. And I know why - Boss checks my blog more days than not to see what I'm thinking about. And that's when he and I got really serious. 

Now, 4000 of those pageviews came from within the United States. It's the other ones that get really interesting. 800 from Russia, and over 500 from the U.K. and Germany. Canada, Australia, France. And then Ukraine, Spain, and Brazil. There are people in the Ukraine reading about my multiplicity - 31 pageviews over two years!

Then it gets into how they found me and what they looked at. Yes, Big Brother Blogger is watching. The most referrals I've gotten from other URLS have come from CandyCan's blog, where I comment every now and then. ThirdOfALifetime is another major referring site, after Google Search (of course), and from my own blogsite (as people click from one page to another).

Some of the Google searches that brought them to me... The biggest are IDIC and the spelled out version of such. Bet those people were surprised to end up on a multiplicity blog. Then we have 'mpd jokes', a few other multiple terms, and several that indicate they were looking for this blog specifically (like 'Meronym's blog'). 

And with those search terms, it's not surprising that my IDIC post has the most hits. Other popular ones are the one announcing my collaring, and the most recent popular one, that little system meeting that I transcribed. Also not a surprise, that tab/page up there with the list of alters is the most-hit page. Glad I made that one.

Okay, that's what Blogger tells me about myself and about my readers. So let the cake be served! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment