Friday, June 29, 2012

Willing to Talk [Me]

I've posted several times about breaking up with the Bear in the last few weeks. One month after I told him I had to be done, I sent him an email. One that, in retrospect, was obviously written by Sam; she has a style:

I feel like I owe you an explanation, but I don't know if you want it.I want to talk to you, to pour myself out, but not if you don't want me to.Do you understand why I had to break off? Does it matter? Am I hurting you by bringing it up or do you have curiosity to be satisfied?Should we talk or should I leave you alone?Can we be friends again?
That was a couple of weeks ago. Today, he answered. Very briefly, just saying he is willing to talk. I don't know what to say to him. I sent back a brief reply. I don't want to pour my heart out over pages in response to a single sentence. I'm restraining the need to do so. And that's one reason why I had to be done. There are so many ways to interpret his response, all very emotional.

What am I hoping for here? I guess I hope that he'll contact me and maybe chat with me on IM, maybe even a phone call. I hate settling stuff like that over the phone - only one of us at a time can really be on a phone call, but all of us can participate in an IM, for some reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment