Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Meltdown Hangover [Me]

I had a complete meltdown last night; I'm still not sure what happened or why.

What happened yesterday evening: We went to the store, came home and put up groceries. I did some laundry while the Boss made supper. We all ate, I did some reading, and then he came to bed. We had some sort of argument over a lamp, and then I fell apart. Eventually, he got me back to myself, we had sex, and went to sleep.

What I remember: We went to the store. Then I was stuck in some sort of mental loop that had me spinning and switching. Trying to get control of it was like trying to hold onto an armful of wet sand. The Boss tried to just quietly hold me, but the quieter he got, the deeper I sank into my head, into the confusion. I switched and switched and switched. Finally, he managed to keep touching me, keeping my attention outside and on him, instead of inside. 


I woke up this morning on his side of the bed with the sheet pulled off the mattress. I had a grandaddy of a headache, and feel pretty yucky. I've got a meltdown hangover. And a chunk of memory loss to go with it. I hate this feeling. I hate having lost time. I hate arguing with someone I love. 


Worse, because of the lost time, I don't know what really triggered the issue. He said it was just a little argument over the lamp. That doesn't seem like sufficient to have an issue over. I was fine at the store. But what happened between the two? Did something come up he doesn't know about? I can't really believe that arguing over a lamp was the only thing that happened, but I don't have a way to access what else may have been going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment