Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Zoo Trip [Paul]

Last weekend, M's daughter took us to the zoo for Mother's Day. Yeah, so her mom wasn't exactly around most the day; she hung with me (Paul) and Kiara instead most the time. We had a good time 'cause it was our first trip to a zoo. We can look at M's pictures and memories of going to a zoo, but it's not the same thing as going ourselves.

Some of the things I liked. Sitting on the alligator statue head while sucking down the arctic blast drink and talking. Waving and making faces at the little baby at the show - she was probably 4 or 5 months old, I think. Watching M's daughter watch the little kids dance to the music.

A couple of quotes we heard little kids say while we were there. "Are there any Simbas?" Nope, no lions at this zoo, not yet. She was very sad; it was cute. And "When I grow up, I'm going to be All By Myself!" I guess somebody had too much family togetherness.

Some cool animals we saw. The meerkats are always a favorite. The serval at the show - when a serval is bred with a domestic cat, you get a Savannah cat - and those are cool pet cats - I think I want one someday. The Red River Hogs - they've got tufts all over there face and are really interesting looking. The red pandas look like stuffed animals. We petted the goats and stuff - they were all sleeping in the sun.

Something we noticed (had pointed out) about me or Kiara being out. Whenever we're around little kids and one of us is fronting, lots of little kids really notice us. They smile and wave and react really well to us. I like kids a lot, so this is fun. And Kiara likes people, generally. So maybe little kids 'see' us kids despite the big body, or maybe the way we move the body is more familiar to them. Or maybe they always react to our body that way because we look kind of weird with a shaved head and we're a girl body, but only me and Kiara notice and react back. It's a neat idea to kinda watch in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment