Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ten Little Indians [Me]

When I was born, my mother almost named me Grace. I'm glad she didn't; I am not graceful. I'm tough, I'm strong, but I'm not graceful. Would I have become a different person if my name had been Grace? Maybe. I do think that names of things have some power over them. At the least, other people would have different first impressions of me. And that would change who I am.

But Grace survives, in another alter that has emerged. She seems to be drawn out by the scent of roses. When I was preparing roses for the collaring scene, I had a lot of dizzy spells that I recognized as being from someone not known to me yet. She was polite enough to wait until after the weekend to emerge. Last night, she fronted and spoke briefly with the boyfriend. She's very neat and proper and ladylike. Yeah, I guess I could use a little of that.

When Paul first arrived, I wondered if I was going to start seeing more and more inside folk. There were six months between Cherish and Paul. There were four weeks between Paul and Gracelyn Rose. My suspicion - maybe wishful thinking - is that there are more 'background' alters in there, that haven't come out. Haven't needed to. And now that we have a safe harbor in our relationship with the boyfriend, they are slowly starting to come out, out of mere curiosity if nothing else. Wonder what the headcount will end up at?

No comments:

Post a Comment