Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Conjunction of Timing [Me]

Gentlemen, there will be some discussion here of menstruation - if it squicks you, stop reading now.

Sometimes two completely unrelated circumstances fit together in unfortunate ways. This weekend am I going to accept my boyfriend's collar. I'm very excited - it's equivalent to a wedding, really, except without the annoying legal issues and filing paperwork and changing my name. We have all sorts of things planned, a whole ceremony at the BDSM club with all our friends invited and everything.

Well, as part of the preparations for the ceremony and scene, he's placed a couple of restrictions on me. One is that I must avoid any activities that might create damage to my body. We want my body to be as completely healed as possible for the ceremony. It will involve him using a whip on me until I break and give in to him, and for it to have the fullest meaning possible,  I must not have other injuries. Which means that for the past few weeks, I've played lightly or not at all. We've allowed no cutting, either.

For this week, he's also put me on restriction that I may not have any orgasms - not even through masturbation. This isn't really to make the scene better; it's because he can. Also so that I'll be wanting pretty badly by the time I get there. And maybe it'll help smooth the way to process the pain as pleasure. But mostly, I think it's to be mean, because he can. And I'm okay with that.

At least, I was until this morning. When my period started. Now, some months are barely noticeable, pain-wise. Some feel like dying. And of course, this month is the latter. The pain has been so strong all day long that I've had trouble concentrating on conversations I've had. When you talk on the phone for a living, that's a problem. I've written before about my problems with pain meds, so you'll understand that I haven't taken any. When the cramps hit at home, alcohol and hot baths help. But at work, taking a walk and waiting for it to pass is about all I've got. Or sneaking off to the bathroom and masturbating. Orgasms do reduce period cramps. Oh wait, I'm not allowed any right now.

So the other option I've got is to try to share some of the sensation out to my alters. I can't switch completely, because I'm at work. But maybe just some help? Jarett and Paul are out - when I'm on my period, Jarett stays out of the body, and I'm betting Paul will follow him. Kiara doesn't like pain, and won't stick around for it. Cherish can often block some pain in a single part of our body. But these cramps are in several places, and she just can't get them all without coming fully out. And she can't do that at work. Obviously Rubi can't be at work, either, and without an opponent to focus on, the pain doesn't mean anything to her. Lynn doesn't know what to do with physical pain.

So that leaves me and Sam. When Sam's out at work, her snarkiness tends to get me in trouble. And as she says, this pain ain't sexy in any way. So I'm trying to share enough with her that I can function, without having her telling off my customers or coworkers. Mostly I've just huddled in my cubicle waiting for time to go home.

The good part of this is that it's starting several days before the scene. I would really hate for it to have started Friday. It may even be done by Friday. And tonight is a night that I have planned to stay home. A hot bath, a sangria, and some comfort food. Yeah, I'll feel better in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment