Thursday, February 2, 2012

They Say It's Your Birthday [Me]

(Fair warning - I have about five blog topics lined up, and I'm going to try to get them all written before the end of the week.)

So here's one that's a particularly multiple kind of issue. When's your birthday? You have an answer for that one, right? I have several answers, and sometimes the answer is 'no' or 'I don't know'.

I have a birthday. It's the date I was born, just like everyone else. Kiara also has a very definite birthday. It's about two weeks after my birthday. It's also the birthday of a dear friend of mine from high school. I don't know if that's why she has that date as her birthday or not, but she is very firm about that being her birthday.

So what about everyone else? I know a lot of people that, once they hit middle age, wouldn't mind saying that they just don't have a birthday anymore. Lynn and Jarett can - and do - say that. I can't see Silent One having anything so human as a birthday. Sam and Rubi just 'look' at me blankly when I ask about birthdays.

So that leaves Cherish and Paul. You know, I can kind of pin down when they came into existence, because it's been since I've started blogging. Cherish doesn't seem to want a birthday - she would much rather celebrate her date of slavery to her Master, which is New Years Day. And I can't yet talk to Paul very clearly. Should he have an individual birthday? Kiara gets one - should all littles/kids in the system have one? Should he share hers? I see problems there. Might his birthday be the anniversary of the first time he came out for sure? That would be last Sunday, then, I think. I'll have to get someone to ask him.

Now, that puts Cherish's slavery, Paul's appearance, Valentine's Day, my birthday, and Kiara's birthday all from New Years to mid-March. And two days before my birthday, we plan on doing a scene where my collaring will be made public. So February's a big month. I think we should be able to consolidate some of these holidays, right? I did joke with a former boyfriend a couple years ago that with my birthday, Valentine's Day, and our anniversary all in one month, he should just break up with me until March.

As a Part Two to the birthday issue, I've heard Kiara trying to decide if she is going to get older on her birthday. Outside, we don't have a choice about changing ages on our birthday, but she does. She could remain six, where she seems to be happy. Or she could progress to seven. She could even jump to an entirely different age. I know another multiple who has an age slider that just picks a new age each birthday.

She's asked the two most important adults to her for input, and of course has gotten a supportive offer to go with whatever she wants. She seems to like being six, though. I guess we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment