Saturday, May 19, 2012

Riding the Merry-Go-Round [Me]

I'd like to introduce a term that's been flying around our household a lot - 
Riding the Merry-Go-Round.
With three multiples in one household, sometimes it gets pretty hectic trying to figure out who's out in which body. It's like throwing a bunch of kids on a merry-go-round and spinning it really fast. Then, when it stops, they all get off and run in different directions. You don't know who's going to get off facing you - that kid you like or the one you hate, or that other one that just showed up and nobody knows.

We have periods of time like that. Sometimes one alter will take the front and remain there, very stable, for hours. But sometimes we'll switch again and again and again. Those are the merry-go-round times. And it's pretty confusing for the outside person to keep up. Sometimes it's hard for the inside folks to keep up, too.

The Boss has been having a lot of merry-go-round times lately. Lots of stress, and dealing with my stuff and our girlfriend's health. You know, life. But the thing about merry-go-rounds is that if you fight it, you'll get dizzy and vomit everywhere. But if you can make yourself relax and go along with it, you can learn to really enjoy the ride.

Round and round and round it goes, where it stops, nobody knows...

1 comment:

  1. I've found a new impetus for the merry-go-round, too. Several people I know do 'energy work' for healing. I'm not sure I really believe it works, but I figure it can't hurt, so I'll sit still for it. Last night, the Boss did energy work on my shoulder. And the merry-go-round went spinning wildly, like one of those handheld toys that speeds ups every time you squeeze it. We were all out for an instant at a time until he quit, and then I was nauseous for a while. I don't know if it's just when he does it, or anyone. But I did not like it.

    ReplyDelete