Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sam's Turn Out [Me]

In a previous post I wrote about taking hydrocodone and it having pretty much no effect, unfortunately. And I hinted about a previous time when I took oxycodone and had an interesting reaction.

That time, Kiara got stuck out front and everyone else was asleep and totally unavailable. I woke up the next morning with a pirate windsock hanging from my kitchen ceiling. Apparently she went shopping with my then-boyfriend, and talked him into buying her some little cheap stuff. He said she kept wandering off if he didn't hold her hand, touching things and pushing buttons.

Yesterday I had a root canal. And couldn't get the meds I asked for from the dentist - she gave me oxycodone. I knew this was a bad idea, but it was that or no drugs at all. So I waited till I got safely to the boyfriend's house, warned him, and took it anyway. And then sat on the computer playing until supper was ready. Well, the meds kicked in, and about that time, Sam saw something she liked on the computer and came out. And then everyone went to sleep except her. So we had an entire evening of Sam out. I was able to wake up enough to check in on her occasionally, but not much more than that. So I have some fuzzy vague snatches of conversation, and that's about it. Woke up this morning feeling pretty rested, and not in too much pain, so I guess the meds did their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment