Tuesday, January 3, 2012

And a Happy New Year [Me]

The New Year weekend was very eventful for me. I'm not sure how to cover it all, so I'll just dive in. We had our household Christmas - and dude, I won at Christmas. I had some of the best gifts to give. I talked to my daughter about being multiple, and she's completely cool with it. We even switched some around her - very uncomfortable for us, apparently not so for her. My boyfriend collared me/us as his submissive, and also specifically Cherish as his slave.

Ever since Cherish was created, she has been very obviously his slave. Her mindset is that of a slave, and as alien as that is to the rest of us internally, that relationship is something my boyfriend has a great need for. A need I could never satisfy as a singleton. So it's a pretty cool thing that I'm a multiple and not constrained in that way. Now, traditionally, a master puts a collar around his slave's neck, and that symbolizes to everyone in the kink world that she is his. However, Cherish couldn't accept that kind of collar on behalf of the rest of us. So we sought a different way to do it. One of the triggers he has taught her to respond to has to do with him touching her left ear, and so we and he decided that he would put an earring in our left ear in lieu of a slave collar. He pierced the hole himself, with Cherish fully out in front, and he put the earring in to mark her as 'his'. Even better, his other girlfriend and slave got to assist, as did my roomie, who is very important to me. Also, my daughter was there to watch. This made it more of a family ceremony.

In addition to a slave-bead earring for Cherish, we have been talking about him collaring us as a whole system - not as his slave, but as his submissive. This is a slightly different relationship within the kink world. It's tantamount to marriage engagement. Now, he and I are not likely to ever get actually married as the outside world sees it, but a collar is an attachment on a similar level. We had planned for him to collar me later, but he surprised me by presenting me with a collar he made himself for us. He also had a matching one he made for his other girlfriend. It's something I can wear in front of the vanillas without setting anyone off - I can just say it's a necklace my boyfriend made for me. But it will stay on any time except when I'm showering as a symbol of my commitment to him, and his to me.

In light of those two things, everything else I did as far as Christmas presents seems to be a little pale. But even so, gift-giving was excellent for me. Now, I refer to Christmas gifts, but since few of my friends are Christian - including my boyfriend - I really just mean holiday gifts of whatever stripe, okay? But I really got to give some great gifts this year. My mom and I watched a movie earlier this year together that led her to say she really wanted some certain books - I got those for her. My stepdad really loves the Simpsons, and I ran across a Simpsons collectible I was able to give him. My Granny mentioned at Thanksgiving that she had never owned a leather jacket (at over 80 years old) - and I had one I could give her. My roomie has been looking for two certain movies as long as I've known him. I got one for him, and he found the other at a store about a week later. My other-daughter (my daughter's best friend), recently got an apartment, had a small fire, and got a new apartment - and I was able to give her two carloads of stuff for the new place. A friend of mine has a little girl who's very musically inclined - and I had an assortment of child-sized instruments I was able to give her. My boyfriend's drill gave up the ghost as he was making something for me - I was able to give him a new and better drill. And his other girlfriend needed a good way to sort and display and get to her jewelry, and I had a solution for that. So yeah, Christmas was a super win, just from a giving perspective. I feel like I really did well.

Receiving gifts - I got a lot of nice things, all of which I'm very grateful for. The one thing that I enjoyed the most, though, was a gift from my daughter. She learned to crochet around November. I showed her a picture of a ladybug hat, and joking suggested she should make me one, knowing it was out of her experience at that point. I mentioned it because Kiara is recently enamored of ladybugs. Well, of course, she made me one. I had forgotten completely about the idea, and when I opened the box, Kiara immediately shifted in front and squealed and clapped her hands and 'made happy', then realized my parents (who don't know) were there and went back in. My daughter did see that Kiara had come out, and had no problem with it. It was a good experience, especially as the only alter she had ever noticed out before was Rubi. Then, when we opened gifts at my boyfriend's later, she got to see both Kiara and Cherish out in turn.

And the next important gift we got was in the same vein. Cherish has recently shown a fascination for the niqab and hijab face-coverings of the muslim world. Obviously, she sees some comfort in being able to efface herself by covering her face with a scarf. I never thought them really beautiful until I saw them through Cherish. And her newly-proclaimed master, having also seen her love of face-coverings, gave her a beautiful silver scarf. It was a profoundly important gift, encouraging what is really the first glimmer of her own desires and interests beyond 'whatever makes Master happy'.

Other great things happened over the weekend, too. We had some heavy BDSM play that really tore us up, but in the good way. I spent a lot of time with my boyfriend all in a row and we did some arranging in his household that made me feel more like I really live there. I had some great social times with my kinky friends, even though some people I didn't want to deal with were there - and I handled that better than I'd expected. And of course, we were all sick a little bit. That usually goes along with Christmas for me, and for them. So with my mind still reeling from the weekend, I've returned to the 'real world', wearing unaccustomed jewelry on both ear and neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment