Friday, February 11, 2011

A Quiet Night at Motel M (Me)

Last night was a quiet one for us. My plans got cancelled due to bad weather, which means staying home. None of us really like to stay home very much; we'd rather be out doing something. But I did dishes and laundry and picked up my house, which was getting very messy. And I reloaded my desktop computer and dealt with my crazy dog (who is getting weirder every day).

And it was just me, on my internal stage. No one else came out to take over all evening; I think everyone was pouting because our original plans got cancelled. It was kind of lonely. Is this what being a singleton is like? Would my headspace be this quiet if we integrated? No thanks, says I. Sometimes it's chaotic in my head, but at least I'm rarely lonely.

Actually, there were people at my house, just no one talking inside my head. So technically I wasn't alone, but I felt very lonely still. There are usually people at my house. A bunch of the kinky folk figured out that my home was a fun and safe place to hang out with each other, without having to be so careful what they say to whom. Sort of a Sanctuary place. There's around twenty folk that we consider family, and on any given night there might be a five or six people sleeping there. We call it Motel M, and I call them my minions, and usually they go along with that.

But last night, even the minions were quiet. There were two folk there other than me, and they watched Disney videos while I did my around-the-house-work. Whenever we passed by, we hugged each other or talked for a moment. And when the dog went bonkers again, it took all three of us to deal with him for a few minutes. But mostly, we all just did our own things. It was quiet and lonely, both in my head and in my room.

There's a lot going on at the Motel these days to keep us quiet. One of my minions just got deployed overseas, and his wife's understandably unhappy lately - and she's pregnant, to boot. There's some sickness going around taking turns wringing each of us out. And the weather keeps interfering with things, trapping us at different places and such. We need some warm weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment