Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Intelligence Tests (Me)

Another post from my early Journal.

Something to ponder… when I was young, I took a series of intelligence tests. The results were surprising to the folks scoring the tests, enough that they pointed it out to my mother. An IQ test measures many different strengths and weaknesses of the mind, and for most people, the results of such tests have many peaks and valleys. So whereas a given very intelligent person might score 140 overall, there are some areas where they are much smarter, say 150-160, and other areas where they could score much lower, even close to the average of 100. The overall score is just an average of these different measurements. My IQ is in the 140-150 range. But there are no peaks of 160 on my results. There are also no valleys of 130. My IQ test results came out as something much closer to an even line than they should have.

Now, I've been reading several accounts of other multiples, and in one, the psychologist ran IQ tests on several different alters in a system that had no co-consciousness. The results came out with a huge range, most well above average, but a few noticeably below, depending on who was taking the test. So I was wondering - if I was multi way back when I was young, could several alters have been cooperating to take my tests, each working on the section that they performed best on? That would explain the tests, though it would bring up the somewhat scary thought that I was multiple long before the trauma from my first marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment