Monday, August 6, 2012

Monogamously Poly (Me)

So I just realized that the last time I've had sex with anyone other than Boss was in January. Right, that's six months of being monogamous sexually; something I neither intended nor expected. And yet it's working.

Why? Perhaps I'm content to have been only with him sexually is because we do have frequent and varied sex. Mix his alters with my alters, and most of us have a taste for variety, and there's no telling what's going to happen. The sex definitely is not settling into a rut of any sort. If we do get in a pattern, it usually lasts a week or two, and then new alters show new needs. And there you go.

And the sex is frequent; we rarely go more than a night or two without having sex. The nights we do skip it are because one or both of us are too tired, and we still make a point of snuggling and being close, usually even closer.

Or maybe the reason I'm content to be with just him is because I don't have to be. I know that if I showed an interest in someone as a sexual partner, he would be perfectly fine with that, even encouraging me. So the fact that there isn't a barrier there limiting me means I don't feel the need to test it. I can have sex with someone else if I want; I just don't want to right now. And that might change tomorrow; it might not.

So even though I'm currently monogamous sexually, I'm still in a poly relationship. Boss still has two girls that love him, me and my metamour. And we're all happy together. Isn't life grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment