Thursday, August 9, 2012

Just a Little Down, You Know [Me]

Definitely feeling a bit down today. Not for any major reason, but just several little ones.

I left my wallet at home. No biggie; I have a credit card for getting lunch, but I just feel incomplete knowing that it's not in my pocket or my purse where it belongs.


There's a water issue at the apartment again. This time in front of my bedroom door, instead of in my closet. I hope this one gets fixed as minor, but it'll probably be a great big hassle again. 

I had a disappointing experience at lunch. Went to a place I really like, was seated. Instead of taking my drink order, the guy goes to the next table and gets their order, then gets my drink order, and disappears to the next room. He brings me my water, but then says he'll come back to take my order, even though I'm ready. Another table comes in, he seats them, gets their drink order, gets their drinks, and starts taking their food order. I got up and walked out, and went to another restaurant.


Bear is having a party at his place tonight. He's invited me, sort of. I think I'm just on his email list and he forgot to take me off of the reminder that it's tonight. I say this because I didn't get the initial email inviting everyone. Maybe he did take me off on purpose from that one. Either way, I'm not really thinking about going. I'm not in the most entertaining of moods. 

Besides, it's my night to cook; I need to be home for that. I missed last week because I was out shopping - not a fun thing for me, but necessary if I'm to have clothes for work. So I definitely need to be home and cook tonight. And because I wasn't home last night, there are extra dishes to be done. So I'll be doing housework tonight. Yuck. Okay - Gracelyn will be doing housework and cooking tonight.

Eh, clothes. I have five bags of hand-me-down clothes in my truck I need to bring in and sort tonight. Probably none of them will fit me, but I took them to sort through and give to other people. Honestly, I don't really want to deal with it, but I'm hoping some of them will fit my metamour, and she'll have a happy for new-to-her clothes.


I did not get enough sleep last night, but for good reasons. My daughter, my other-daughter (her best friend who's like a daughter to me), and their two boyfriends all came to the Dungeon 101 class I teach, to learn more about kink. For themselves, or to know more about Mom? Probably a little of both, and maybe a touch of 'let's go check out the freaks'. Afterward, I went out to eat with the four young-uns. And this was a good thing. But it means that I got to sleep somewhere around 1am, and got back up at 7am. Technically enough sleep, but nevertheless, I'm tired today.

And last night, when we all went out, I saw an old friend. At least I thought he was an old friend. We know him from the club, and he's also been a very frequent visitor at Motel M, and played Dungeons & Dragons with us. Out of nowhere, a few months back, he just quit coming around. I never understood why, but I respected his choice to break it off with our group. But I did wonder whether he was trying to avoid some one particular person in our group. Anyway, he was at the restaurant. I saw him as soon as I came in the door, and I smiled and made eye contact. And he glared at me, broke eye contact, and hunched up, his body language saying 'Don't you dare act like you know me'. 


It shocked me. I mean, when kinky folk see each other in public with vanillas, we often just make eye contact, grin, and move on without talking. It might not be appropriate to walk up and hug someone, just for them to have to explain, "and where do you know her from?" But this was more than that. I think he was actually offended that I had come into his 'territory' and smiled a hello at him. Needless to say, I didn't approach him, nor did he approach me, at the restaurant. So at least I have a piece of an answer. He quit coming around because he doesn't want to be around me. Maybe more than me, maybe not. And I don't know why. Maybe one day he'll tell someone who'll tell me. Maybe not. Again, I respect his choice to stay away and to snub me in public. But I don't understand it. And it makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment