Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pinterest is Fun! [Me]

Another blog mentioned Pinterest, and I finally got my invite yesterday, so I've spent my day today pinning things to boards. My boards are located at http://pinterest.com/marthatori/ - I've made one for each of us and we're pinning on pictures that look like the self-image we have or pictures that really really appeal to each of us deep down. We want to know what we each look like, even though we all share a face. Go look, it'll make more sense. I'm loving this.

Working on my pinboards, though, means everyone's switching in and out as we look at photos. When someone sees one they like, they yell out inside my head, and jump in to share with me and pin that image. So we're switching in and out and around a whole lot, and I'm getting a headache. But it's very exciting, too. We've been really extra-switchy the last few days. Sometimes it's been hard to keep focused on things.

One reason for this is that my parents are coming for a visit. I'm expecting them to arrive this afternoon, and they'll stay through Monday morning. When my parents are around, I usually lock down pretty tight and don't switch around at all. So it may be that we're switching a lot now, knowing we won't be switching for a couple of days.

And my daughter's coming down with them. The last time she visited, I told her about being multiple, and as she was leaving, I gave her a 'cast list' of who we all are. But I haven't really had much time to talk to her about it in-depth. So when my parents leave, and she stays, we'll talk about that some probably. Maybe I have a little bit of nerves from that.

Aside from those things - it's Christmas! Understandably, Kiara's really excited. It'll be the first Christmas that Cherish has experienced, too. Kiara's already received a present just for her, and someone told Cherish that he was getting her a present of her own too. This is exciting stuff, and excitement means switching, and switching means headaches. Totally worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment