Friday, December 9, 2011

I Might Be Poly... [Me]

I was reading this light-hearted post at The Polyamory Paradigm:
http://polyamoryparadigm.blogspot.com/2011/11/you-might-be-poly-if.html

-If you oogle the same people as your partner, and discuss their hotness, you might be poly.
I've occasionally discussed the hotness of a guy with my boyfriend. And I know I've heard him discuss the hotness of a girl with his other girlfriend.

-You might be poly if you get excited when your partner has a date.
I'm still working on this one. The sharing happily isn't exactly against my nature, but I still would rather have his attention for myself.

-If you like talking things to death, then resurrecting them just to talk them to death again, you might be poly.
I didn't know that was a poly trait, specifically. I've just always likeed talking things to death. Makes me feel secure in my decisions. (And sometimes lets an alter listen in or participate that didn't get to the first time.)

-If your idea of a shower involves more than one person, you might be poly.
Yes, please. Showers are always better shared.

-When invited to events you ask how many of your partners you can bring, you might be poly.
I've yet to figure out how to ask this one easily.

-If you know what a Cuddle Party is, or have ever been to one, you might be poly.
Cuddle parties are so my favorite thing. I want to have a room with padded walls and mattresses reaching to every corner.

-If the number of places at the dinner table varies depending on how many of your partners are coming, you might be poly.There is sometimes a flurry of texting trying to determine the headcount for supper.

-You might be poly if you keep a calendar to know where you are sleeping each night.
Hey, I rarely have to consult the calendar anymore. I know which nights I sleep where... usually.

-If you have ever been told "You just want a harem!", you might be poly.
Not me, but my boyfriend jokes that he wants one. Of course, with two girlfriends who are each multiple, he gets his harem.

-If someone says "Your boyfriend/girlfriend is cute" and you wonder which one they are talking about, you might be poly.My boyfriend IS cute. And so are several other guys that I like to spend my time with.

-If you neighbors ask how many adults actually live in your house, you might be poly.
Sometimes, I'll just tell people I'm into community theatre, and suddenly they aren't surprised by any number of people going in and out of my house.

Okay, so it's just fun stuff - but truths lie in the jokes we make.

No comments:

Post a Comment