Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Corrupting the Not-So-Innocent (Me)

So this weekend one of my friends (we'll call her B) stayed at the Motel, and events conspired to push her comfort zones in all the right ways. Last night, Kiara shifted to the front, and brought out the crayons and storybooks. I had warned B just an hour or two earlier that it felt likely I'd be shifting around some, so it didn't take her completely off-guard. And since two of the minions were there, and they took it in stride, she did too. She pretty quickly relaxed and ended up coloring as well, though at the other side of the room, not together. Of course, after the rest of the weekend, one little coming out wasn't that big a deal for her.

Now, B's not vanilla - she's as kinky as the rest of us. But she's stated very firmly that she just doesn't get being poly, even at the dating relationship level. As it happens, both of the minions at the house at the time are guys I am in a relationship with. And this is where the poly comes in - both the guys know I'm with the other, and both are happy with the situation. It's not polyamory in the sense that we have any permanent relationships; none of us are likely to marry or anything. But it is close enough to poly for someone that doesn't get poly.

So Me, B, and the two fellas were all hanging out, and my boyfriend started putting some moves on B. Okay, we're all cuddly folks, she's an attractive lady, we were having a good time. And so she found herself cuddled up with my boyfriend. Occasionally glancing my way to see if I minded. Of course I didn't. In fact, I was curled up with my other guy at the time, anyway. So eventually, it was bedtime for me, and away I went. When I got to my room, I texted her that she was welcome to 'borrow' the boyfriend for the night, but to send one of the guys in to me eventually.

I think that one threw her. I would be happy with either guy in my bed. She had hit it off with the boyfriend. Why shouldn't all four of us have an enjoyable night snuggled up with a willing partner? I was happy that my boyfriend and my friend were enjoying each others' company, and I got to snuggle with someone I cared about too.The way I see it, it was a win all around.

But the next day, when she started telling me how great the sex was, I did have to laugh at her. "Wait," I said. "Is this the same woman that told me yesterday she couldn't handle poly relationships and didn't get them?" So now she's got some thinking to do. Exploring how she feels about this particular set-up and poly in general. Hey B, look up the word 'compersion' and think upon the results - I think you might find it interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Looking the word 'compersion' up on Wikipedia, I discovered a couple things about me. I am VERY insecure and need LOTS of attention, affection and plenty of cuddling, which makes me not a good candidate for poly. I want that ONE man who can be my dom, boyfriend, lover and friend. *sigh* So I guess in the meantime I will just have to play with your minions.

    ReplyDelete