Friday, March 9, 2012

Setting Up The Light Bank - A Little Internal Wiring Challenge [Me]

So now that the dam has broken, I have a few topics I want to blog about. You're ready for that, right, readers? I mean, you haven't had anything to read from me in over a week.

So with all the mess going on in my head the last couple of weeks, we've been discussing internally what the underlying problems were, and what kind of measures we can take to prevent the same kind of lock-up in our mental works.

One problem that seemed to come around is alters showing up in places and at times that aren't appropriate for who that alter is. Like Paul showing up at the club. Yes, he wants to watch people there, but he seems a bit frightened by the kink behavior. So he really needs to stay away at the club. Just like Rubi needs to not be around my family or at work. And Gracelyn has expressed a wish to avoid both sex and kink. We need a system.

Written and verbal cues don't work all the time for all of us. At the very least, Silent One doesn't use language, so any language-based cues are going to be a problem. Several of us have discussed it, and here's what we've come up with.

We're going to experiment with a warning light system. In a recording studio, radio station, or what-have-you, they have the On-Air light that warns you when it's safe to enter, and when you need to stay outside. Theaters use colored gels on the lights to set the mood. There's a blue security light at the club that can be activated from the front desk. The Terrorist Threat Level system is based on colors - a little too complicated, as I recall, but still, it seems like a good system, potentially.

We associate red with sex. So there will be a red light in the Sharing Room, opposite the door to the 'Front Office'. When it's on, there's sex-stuff going on. Those who are not interested in sex will be able to see the light from the back hallway, and avoid the common Sharing Room entirely. That would be Gracelyn Rose and Lynn, and anyone else who just isn't in the mood.

We decided to use Blue to indicate kink-play is going on. Some things will probably be painful, and those that want to avoid the kink, or the pain, or both, should not come out when the blue light is on. That would be Grace, Lynn, Jarett, and Paul. Jarett has been asked to help keep Paul out of kinky situations, including simply hanging out at the club. Kiara will check with someone else before coming out in the blue light, to see if it's pain-play or not.

And we also wanted a light to indicate 'Free Play'. We'll turn on a green light when it's safe for anyone to come out that wants to, without waiting for the situation, or the boyfriend, to call them out. Sometimes it's rude to just walk into the front room, like when I'm at work or presenting a class or talking to my parents. Some of us are more timid about just inviting themselves to front unless they've been called. By putting on the Green Light, we're saying that if someone is just in the mood to come out, they are encouraged to do so. This will probably be times at home when nothing in particular is going on.

And a crisis light. We're going to use the yellow light to indicate that we are struggling, that things are not going smoothly. And during these times, it would be great if everyone could keep things quiet, maybe even stay in their rooms (those that have them). If we can keep things calm, then I can work on settling things down.

The lights will be controlled from the Watching Room, where Lynn will have control of the switches to turn them off and on as needed. This is an experiment, so we'll see how it works.

5 comments:

  1. Its getting worse now. Apparantely I'm singing random songs sometimes. Only a few people know. My parents refuse to send me to a therapist. They think it's all in my head (pardon the pun). I'm twelve. I don't know who i am anymore. I'm a really angry guy, a really sad guy, a pervert, a filmmaker, a nice guy, a Christian, a robot, a role model, the perfect son, and a helper.
    I'm not any of these things. Im a freak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Im not a freak. Y am I even here??? This isn't where I belong. I'm a just a normal kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O_O Oh my God, I'm so sorry about that

    ReplyDelete