Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fighting Is Good for a Relationship [Rubi]

Okay, in the throes of love, everyone thinks, "oh, we'll never fight." I call Bullshit. If you aren't fighting, you aren't communicating, and you aren't having a relationship. In the BDSM world, you get poor naive children saying stuff like, "I'll do whatever he tells me and never argue." Come on, you have an opinion. I have lots of opinions, and I'm not going to stifle them just because someone else has a different one. You think the boyfriend would want to keep me if I didn't express myself? If he wanted some opinion-less body to fuck and never talk to, he'd get a blow-up doll. They're cheaper to feed, anyway.

So yeah, we fight. In fact, I was worrying coming up on that collaring ceremony because we hadn't had any kind of a reasonable argument yet. You don't really know if your relationship is worth crap until you've had a fight and made up too. We finally had a kind-of-a little fight a couple weeks ago. Doesn't really matter what kinda shit it was over, just how it was handled. The boyfriend told us to do something that was patently unnecessary, and was worrying over something even after we'd told him it was just fine. So yeah, I blew him off, told him it was fine, and went on about my business.

Now, generally, this is not a big deal. But with three pretty strong-willed people in the house, there's gotta be a heirarchy of command. I get that. And he's gotta be in charge, or all hell is gonna break loose when the two of us girls come into conflict. Believe me, I know conflict, and if he's not in charge, then the three of us will not be living together for long. So I'm willing to let him be in charge, even when it pisses me off. Anyway, after the blow-off earlier, he waited about an hour, then made sure M was out and about. He told her it really annoyed him that we blew him off, and that he wants us to do as told, even when we don't think it's necessary. They talked a couple minutes, then went back to what they were doing.

So a calm talk after the matter, before it got so bad anyone was pissed off. Not a very glamorous fight, but it showed us what kind of fight he'd make of things that bother him. And save the yelling and physical shit for when it's time for fun, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment