Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Teaching is the Big Thing [Me]

Lately, I've been really busy getting teaching stuff together. I've got classes planned at least twice a month from here on out! Sometimes I joke that I need an alter to do nothing but teach, but really I've got it covered pretty well. But it is something I'm spending a lot of time on. I'm also working with a local nurse who will be presenting to a nursing convention this fall to help her put together her information. So I have four different class-type things I'm working on for myself:

For about three years, I've been teaching something called Dungeon 101. It's a monthly 'Welcome to the Dungeon' class, for people who are new to the Nashville community, whether or not they're new to kink. It's been really successful, getting 20-30 people at it nearly every month.

Some of the people coming to that class wanted to get the same information presented to their family & friends that want to know more about kink, but without bringing them to the dungeon itself. So then I started teaching a class called Kink 101. It's not as in-depth about actual play, but covers more about safety and being in an alternative lifestyle. I've taught it a couple of times in the last year, and planning to do so again next month.

Earlier this year, I worked with a local psychotherapist to do a bigger version of that class that was directed specifically at healthcare providers - doctors, nurses, counselors, therapists, etc. It's Kink 101 for Healthcare Providers, but we've been calling it just Pro 101. And I'm going to be doing it again this fall!

And starting this month, I'm part of a team of people teach a series of monthly classes called BDSM Basics. The first class of this will be an Intro to BDSM, but then we'll do things like Basic Rope, Negotiating a Scene, Basics of Impact, stuff like that.

Well, in the last few weeks, I've talked to people about doing another Kink 101, doing Pro 101 again, and then presenting Kink 101 at two different conventions in town! I've also been talking about doing Kink 101 and/or Dungeon 101 with folks in several nearby towns, but nothing definite on that. So here's my upcoming schedule, which I'm very excited about:
July - Dungeon 101, BDSM Basics begins
August - Dungeon 101, BDSM Basics, Kink 101
September - Dungeon 101, BDSM Basics, Pro 101
October - Dungeon 101, BDSM Basics, Con-Kink 101 (maybe)
November - Dungeon 101, BDSM Basics, Con-Kink 101 (maybe)
December - Dungeon 101, BDSM Basics

No comments:

Post a Comment