Monday, November 19, 2012

Poly-fannish [Me]

This Saturday, I was watching Les Miserables on YouTube when Boss finally got up. He always sleeps later than I do, and my metamour is on no particular schedule. Between drugs, animals, and pain, she may sleep all day and be up all night, or the reverse, or nap frequently. So when I get up, I'm on my own for some hours, often, on weekends.

Anyway, I was watching Les Mis and enjoying the singing. I am highly anticipating the movie coming for Christmas. When Boss got up, he teased me about loving it so much. After all, I'm an avowed Phantom of the Opera fan. And I quipped back at him that I can love several Broadway shows equally without taking away from my love of Phantom. I am poly-fannish.

He laughed at me and suggested I should write about that as a great way to explain to people how I can love several people at the same time without loving any one less. It's a good analogy.

Of course, there are other great analogies. My favorite is that of a parent loving several children. Just because you love your son, does that mean you love your daughter less? What's your favorite poly analogy?

No comments:

Post a Comment