Thursday, January 30, 2014

Health Concerns 2 [Me]

The biopsy and blood test results are back. I do carry the genetic marker for hemochromatosis, but the biopsy showed only fat in my liver. So my internal organs have not yet taken damage from iron-related stuff. We'll draw off blood to fix the ferritin levels, and I'll lose some weight, and we're all happy.

The biopsy experience yesterday was really boring. We sat in a waiting room, then I got my physical, and waited in there. Then we went to pre-op and waited in there. The actual biopsy took like twenty minutes, including set-up and transport, I think. The Versed I got in the IV made me really dizzy, then sleepy. And wore off very quickly. Then we went to post-op, and waited in there. I lay on my side for two hours. Then I lay on my back for two hours. They did bring me a turkey sandwich lunch and three cokes. Then we went home. I was at the hospital from before 7am until after 3pm. Everyone was very nice and the biopsy was very quick and the waiting was very boring. I finished three or four books on my Kindle.

That was yesterday. I spent the rest of the day going from sitting at the computer to resting in bed and back. Today I worked from home, so I spend the day sitting at the computer. I finally got to take a shower at 2:30, and then I changed the bandage. There's a small pinhole in my side from the biopsy. There is also a slice of skin missing where the Tegaderm pulled it off. That hurts a lot more, especially when I didn't know that had happened and started to clean the area with alcohol. Ouch. So, two bandaids now. And done.

No comments:

Post a Comment