Wednesday, November 30, 2011

'Need to Know' Information [Me]

Okay, I'm out - doubly out. I've now come out about both my kink and my multiplicity to my daughter and to my sister and brother-in-law. And a little bit to my Mom - she knows that my boyfriend has another girlfriend, sort of, at least. I do feel better about it. My daughter and sister and brother-in-law know a lot of my kinky friends, and I'm not made in such a way that I can keep my circles of friends separate. So know I don't have to worry about someone saying something around the wrong family member that confuses them.

We won't be telling my parents a lot of this. Not because I'm afraid to, but in deference to them. It would worry them and upset them, and they just don't need to know. There's nothing they need to do about it. My daughter needs to know in case it becomes an issue in the future that she has to deal with. My sister and brother-in-law need to know so they aren't lost when it comes up in conversation.

So my daughter's reaction wasn't a huge surprise. It was more of "huh, that's interesting. Hey, that could explain why..." And she told me about a time when she really saw that I was just NOT myself and she didn't get it. Now she does. Then she asked for a 'cast list' so she knows who's who. And I got her one. That was the extent of her reaction, really.

My brother-in-law and sister both have some educational background in psychology. So he looked at it as an interesting case to ask questions about. And she asked how many of us there are and if I was in therapy, and was done with it. I also gave them a 'cast list', and she quickly pointed out that Kiara shares a lot of traits with her. My boyfriend agreed pretty heavily on that - said a lot of her behaviors are the same as my sister's.

No comments:

Post a Comment