Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Psyche Out the Psycho (Me)

I thought I caught some lost time again this weekend. I was packing to head off for the evening to visit some friends, and anticipating the arrival of my ride - someone we all are pretty comfortable with. We slipped messily around as to who was out for a while, so the memories are fuzzy.

The next time I was fully in control, I was sitting with that friend, riding in his car. No big deal, until I looked at his clock, and it showed 11:47. He was picking me up at 4:30 in the afternoon. And it was currently daylight. Which meant it was either the next morning, or the day after that. And that's a whole lot of time for me to miss at once.

I sat very still for a while, looking for clues. The clothes I was wearing seemed to be the ones I had decided to wear out for the evening; I couldn't remember if what he had on was the same as when he picked me up. An internal query didn't answer anything. Finally I just picked up my phone to confirm the time.

And it said 5:30pm. His car's clock was wrong.

I reset the clock for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment