Thursday, June 2, 2011

Integration = Full-time Coconciousness? (Me)

I'm still thinking about integration as an idea. I finished Fractured Minds, and I'm getting the idea that integration may be less like killing off pieces of us, and more like being all-the-time co-conscious. The way he describes it, the internal conversation and negotiation is still happening after integration is considered successful.

So to confirm, my singleton friends, I need to hear from you. In your supposedly normal/sane/singleton heads, do you have dialogue and conversation between parts of your mind? Do you switch modes or attitudes to suit the task at hand? How disjointed is someone that's not multiple?

1 comment:

  1. I'm mostly a singleton, and the parts of my mind argue, and sometimes in words. I war with myself on whether or not to do a thing, or say a thing.

    I do switch modes at times, but cannot switch attitudes on my own. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete