Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Who bought it? [Me]

I came home tonight to a new fun thing I had bought. Or apparently bought. I got a receipt in my email for it a couple of days ago, and an email shipping notice. And it was charged to my card. The problem? I don't remember buying it.

Don't get me wrong, it's something I want; it was on my wishlist. But I don't remember making the decision to buy it. Which means either I bought it and lost that time retroactively, or someone else in my head bought it. The second is more likely, and that is Not Cool. Because no one is supposed to spend money without the okay from me. That's a way to get us all in some financial trouble, so the rule is that I control the money for us.

I looked at the date it was bought, and I was really messed up that day. It was the day after Thanksgiving; I had spent a lot more time at home than usual, which is not good for my state of mind; I've been having a lot of relationship issues with MK, in that we're pretty much just ignoring each other right now; I've been very switchy while finishing the book I blogged about last. So I could easily have okay'd the purchase and not remembered, or have made the purchase and lost the time. Or someone else came up front enough to buy something and didn't make me aware of it. These are all feasible scenarios.

If I knew who bought it, we'd have a discussion about it, and possibly send it back. But I can't get mad at someone else for buying it unless I know if it was someone else, and if so, who. And it is something I've wanted. So I'm keeping it. But I'll be watching more carefully to try to keep this from happening more.

No comments:

Post a Comment