Monday, March 10, 2014

Big Things Happening 2 [Me]

Things are still crazy busy, but I'm a lot less depressed about them. Because now we're Doing Stuff about the moving. We've signed the lease and cleaned the new place and started working on the to-do list, getting the movers arranged and planning on cutting utilities on and off, even packing a few boxes. I feel so much better about loads of stuff to do when progress is being made.

In addition to the moving stuff, I'm dealing with a very sick dog. He's old, and really started showing it in the last several weeks. He's gone downhill steadily, and started having some seizures last week. There are (expensive) things we could do to try and fix the current issue, but he would still be a 14+ year old dog. I think he's just given up. So I'm facing having him put down, either in the next few days or the next few weeks, depending on how the next couple of days goes. It's not looking good.

We also had house guests twice this weekend, including my daughter returning from her conference back to school. It was fantastic to see her, but stressful to arrange things, and we stayed up very late last night working with her on ropework. She's doing a presentation on shibari for school, so obviously she asked me for help. Which I was happy to give her.

Because of all the stress, we're having a lot of trouble shifting around. Which means I'm out almost all the time. It makes me extra-tired, because I'm used to getting frequent breaks. The kids did manage to come out for a few minutes to see my daughter and get birthday presents from her, though.

So yeah, I expect to be stressed for the next few weeks as we deal with moving and stuff. It's going to be great in the end, but I'm asking for extra patience from folks until then. And some extra hugs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment