Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Really Bad Poetry (Me)

I went searching out my scrapbooks so that I could scan more photos. And one of the scrapbooks I found was full of my old poetry. The stuff I wrote when I was 15 or so, and just discovering that boys could break my heart so badly. Most of it, of course, is pretty awful stuff. Are we all that dramatically emo at fifteen?

But I started typing them all into a document on the computer so that I'll have a record or them, should anything happen to the hardcopy. And there's something interesting I found. Very early on, I find heartbreak, not about a boy, but about two boys, or three. Stressing myself over how I can love them both, and how they could both be happy about that.

Some excerpts:


I swear by all the gods
That I am in love.
So why, then, must I still be forced
To care for all these others?



My heart is cut into many pieces
By many, many people.
Each cuts his own piece,
Whether he says he is a friend or more.

If only the second and first were to meet,
               And both were mature enough to understand.

So apparently I had some very poly leanings long before I knew that such a thing existed. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment